- abbr. (in the UK) Officers' Training Corps.
* * *adjective(of securities) not traded on a stock exchange-
over-the-counter stocks• Syn: ↑over-the-counter• Similar to: ↑unlisted
* * *I. abbreviation1. officer in tactical command2. officers' training camp; officers' training corpsII. abbreviationover-the-counter
* * *1. Also, O.T.C. Officers' Training Corps.2. over-the-counter.
* * *abbrev1. Officers' Training Corps2. Over-the-counter
* * *OTC (no periods) or O.T.C.,1. British. Officer Training Corps (correlative with the American OCS).2. Organization for Trade Cooperation.3. over-the-counter: »
The O.T.C. market deals in thousands of tightly held and rarely traded stocks such as Upjohn Co. (Wall Street Journal).
* * *abbr.■ over the counter■ (in the UK) Officers' Training Corps
* * *abbrover-the-counter
* * *OTC 8 [OTC] [ˌəʊ tiː ˈsiː] [ˌoʊ tiː ˈsiː] abbreviation
OTC medicines and food supplements
OTC trading of securities
Useful english dictionary. 2012.